Wednesday, January 26, 2011

30 for 30!


I'm gearing up to do the 30 for 30 challenge! 

30 for 30 is a challenge started by Kendi of Kendi Everyday where you choose 30 items (shoes, pants, skirts, shirts, cardigans, blazers, etc.) and you ONLY wear those items for the next 30 days. Accessories are not included in the 30 items, so you get to have a little fun there!

The catch? You can't shop or purchase anything for the next 30 days? It's all about using what you have and seeing how many ways you can remix outfits. I think it is a really cool way to see the potential in the wardrobe you already have. 

Think you're up for it? I hope I am.

I'm still waiting on my mom to send me the rest of my clothes from Alabama so hopefully I'll get a chance to do it the way I'd like to! 

Let me know who is joining in on the challenge! I'd love to feature you here if you are!

Check back Sunday to see what items I've chosen for the challenge and to see if I've been chosen as a featured blogger by Kendi for 30 for 30! 

Later Friends!






4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a plan...Just don't know if I could adhere to the rules!! I wont be shopping..I just may add a piece that wasn't in my 30 piece collection!! But you know what...downsizing my wardrobe..wouldn't hurt! My fiance is always complaining that I have too many clothes and quite honestly...in a given season I don't wear them all. For the past 3 years I have been teaching..I've never worn the same outfit twice...I've worn the same pieces..but not the same outfit!! Scaling back to my most popular 50 might be an option...

    You said it doesn't include accessories...does accessories include shoes??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the rules are a little hard. Especially if you have a closet that consists of more items than you're willing to count lol

    But if you want to start with 50 pieces that's cool, too! This is mostly about showing you how to remix outfits and see different ways to wear the things you wear most.

    And no shoes aren't included in the accessories, unfortunately. This is what killed me!

    Accessories are like scarves, hats, and jewelry, etc.

    Hope you join me though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMMMmmmmmm....
    Whitney...I wont be joining you as a participant! But I will be joining you as you accomplish this task!! Yes...the shoe part killed it for me! Granted I don't wear to many shoes to work, I do wear at least 5 different shoes a week. Dont get me wrong..I'm not spending $50.00 on a pair of shoe...more like my attire for the entire week cost $50.00.

    Definitely something I will keep in mind. I am planning to clean out my closet! I am going to have a goal: 100 pieces! Not to include shoes!

    Kay
    www.lovenwright.blogspot.com
    hair .|. finance .|. womanhood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it seems like you are fine! You don't over spend on clothes which is really the point of this. I don't really spend too much on clothes, but I want to show people who do that it's easy to "shop" your own closet. Thanks for the support Kay!

    ReplyDelete